The main functions of tinyMediaManager are accessible via the toolbar. This toolbar is divided into two parts:
- the functions for the actual module (left hand side)
- common functions (right hand side)
The functions for the modules may differ in the detail, but their basic meaning is the same. The icon itself is a button executing the default function on click whereas the text beneath the button conatins a menu with all secondary functions.
- Update sources: Update the specified data sources from the settings to find new media (or cleanup externally changed file/folder structures). This is used if you add new media to tinyMediaManager or if you have moved/deleted files/folders outside of tinyMediaManager.
- Search & Scrape: Search/scrape the selected media entities from online data providers.
- Edit: Edit the selected media entities
- Rename & Cleanup: Rename and cleanup the selected media entities according to the renamer settings.
On the right hand side there are common functions which will stay the same for all modules:
- Settings: Show the settings dialog
- Tools: Quick access to several tools in tinyMediaManager like clearing various caches, show logs/messages, access t0 Wake on Lan devices, Reports bugs…
- Info: All available information of tinyMediaManager like access to frequently asked questions, our Wiki, our Forums, the changelog, our bug report system, our homepage and an about page.
- Donate: You can also donate to tinyMediaManager.